Passion for Travel

As Walt Whitman said, "From this hour I ordain myself loos'd of limits and imaginary lines" I wish to meet people who share the same thought..


Cheers

Friday, September 19, 2008

Travel Quotes I love...

Every journey needs a path,

“Two roads diverged in a wood and I - I took the one less traveled by.”
- Robert Frost

emotions I associate with travel,
“All the pathos and irony of leaving one’s youth behind is thus implicit in every joyous moment of travel: one knows that the first joy can never be recovered, and the wise traveler learns not to repeat successes but tries new places all the time.”
- Paul Fussell

Why travel...
“For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.”
- Robert Louis Stevenson

what is...
“Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.”
- Miriam Beard

the ultimate...
“A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.” - Lao Tzu

2 comments:

saurav said...

you travel a lot. and love your travel quote by tolkien. one of my personal favs as well.

Dii said...

Thanks Saurav!